The Winds of Change Also Sweeping Local Government
As technology executives in councils drive to innovate services in their communities they face specific challenges.
Over 2016-2017, IBRS surveyed CIOs in NSW, Queensland, South Australia and Victoria in order to understand how the winds of change are affecting local government’s frontline professionals.
The results are in this 22-page report, together with IBRS’s recommendations. Additionally, this report reveals the potential for ICT vendors in the local government sector.
This is a must read report for IT stakeholders involved in local government
What you will discover in the report:
- IT Management Priorities of other CIOs and skills needed to transform client services
- Innovation and digital transformation initiatives being pursued by Councils
- Why focusing on reducing IT costs is a low priority and potentially counter-productive
- Why it is important to identify and grow the capabilities of business analysts and their line managers
- And for vendors: how to establish mutually beneficial relationships with Councils