Not all Australian organisations are fortunate enough to have a Chief Information Security Officer. But not having a CISO doesn’t mean the challenge of managing cyber risk goes away. Over the last two years, IBRS clients have been telling us that the frequency with which they are being asked to report on cyber security to their boards has increased.
The CIO Cyber Academy Mandate:
To provide CIOs in Australian organisations with a forum in which to share their issues and approaches to cyber security and risk. The intended outcome is that organisations make better informed decisions to help protect their organisations, staff, customers and the economy.
Who can participate?
- The CIO Cyber Academy is a service for CIOs who are accountable for cyber security as part of their role, and who do not have a CISO to lean on.
- The total number of CIOs invited to participate will not exceed 20. This is specifically to ensure that trusted relationships can develop, and provide an experience of continuity within the group.
- The CIO Cyber Academy is an invitation only forum. This is to ensure that the forum is not swayed by vested interests, and that the participating CIOs are assured of the confidentiality of the discussion.
- IBRS is often engaged to facilitate executive roundtables on behalf of vendors, especially in the security domain. Participation in the CIO Cyber Academy will also include invitations from IBRS to participate in these events.
- 4 gatherings per year. Each gathering will be for 3 hours; 2 hours as a formal facilitated discussion and 1 hour informal session which is an opportunity for the CIOs to have the 1:1 and small group conversations to follow up to the formal session.
- IBRS will facilitate each gathering.
- IBRS will also coordinate external guests,
- All gatherings are closed door, and held under the Chatham House Rule.
- Should a CIO not be available to attend a gathering, sending a direct report is possible but discouraged. If direct reports are sent too often, as determined by the group, the CIOs’ invitation to participate may be withdrawn and no refund will be offered.
- James Turner will be the only person from IBRS able to participate in these gatherings, as the facilitator of the group.
Founder and CEO