BCP Steps and Checklist
Being prepared: IBRS has created a BCP checklist to help you create and/or update your business continuity plan.
This diagram is to be used in the following ways:
- A checklist to ensure all BCP steps have been actioned and/or updated as required
- An easy reminder to update key supporting documents to the BCP to remain current which include:
- Enterprise risk frameworks
- Business impact analysis documents
- Evacuation and lockdown procedures
- Recovery plans and testing of these plans
- IT disaster recovery plans
- Communication plans
- Regular executive reporting
About The Advisor
Peter Bickerton is an IBRS advisor covering strategy, program and project governance, developing and critiquing business cases and reviews. Peter is an experienced program board executive in enterprise ICT transformations across business development and national infrastructure replacements. Peter is an executive mentor and coach improving workplace environments and maximising productivity and improving key stakeholder relationships. Peter has held senior executive positions including CIO and Deputy CEO in both operational and service delivery roles in the Federal Government as well as twenty years of experience in law enforcement both overseas and in Australia.