Enterprise resource planning (ERP) Part 3: SAP certified vendors make S/4HANA migration more streamlined
Conclusion: Choosing to simplify the SAP migration project by removing irrelevant KPIs could increase adoption. This is the common thread for organisations that have successfully undertaken the SAP migration from on-premise to the Cloud.
Choosing an SAP certified practitioner with S/4HANA migration expertise helps reduce migration risk and enables a simpler migration strategy. SAP design for the S/4HANA suite replaces the extensive tables structures of the ECC series with a new digital core, in memory processing and reduces data storage costs.
Project risk can be minimised by considering these during the planning stage:
- An experienced SAP S/4HANA project team.
- Fully engaged executive sponsors and users.
- Early user engagement and user training.
- Allow testing to increase user confidence and reduce fear of data loss.
- Not underestimating the impact organisational issues will have on the project timeline.